Longtime Arlington community advocate Peter Fallon announces he will seek the Democratic Party’s endorsement to succeed newly elected State Senator Barbara Favola on the Arlington County Board!
Peter has served on the Arlington County Planning Commission since 2004, serving as chair in 2009. Peter is an active member of the Long Range Planning Committee (LRPC), Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC), and Zoning Committee (ZoCo). Peter served for three years as chair of the Zoning Committee. He has chaired numerous LRPC planning efforts and site plan proposals.
A partial list of Peter’s priorities includes:
- A fair and balanced approach towards decision making, with community dialogue, as we solve challenges in the areas of redevelopment, transportation, and environmental sustainability.
- Effective fiscal management of public resources to provide high quality services at maximum value.
- Working proactively with Arlington Public Schools to solve classroom overcrowding and further strengthen our community’s commitment to ensure our schools are the best.
- Investing in our aging infrastructure to meet the growing needs of our diverse community.
- Reexamining our available tools to increase our supply of affordable housing and better manage traffic calming.
- Maintaining a safety net to help the most vulnerable members of our community in times of uncertainty.
- Reinvigorating the “Arlington Way” to be more inclusive, more respectful of different points of view, and more responsive to community concerns to strengthen Arlington’s tradition of good government and active citizen involvement.
“The experience necessary, for the challenges ahead!”